Friday, December 31, 2010

New Year's Eve - Plan for Next Year?

It's New Year's Eve afternoon. As I look back over this last year, there have been a lot of changes in our lives. I have a new son-in-law. Last year at this time, if anyone had said that I would have told them they were crazy! My other two children are both in relationships. I don't think that has ever happened that all 3 of my kids have been in relationships at the same time.

My parents moved from Florida to Tennessee. Definitely didn't think that would ever happen and it is good to get them closer to us.

My wife turned 50 this year and we celebrated our 30th anniversary...and they said it wouldn't last. :)

What does next year hold? If you look back at my first blog post, I mentioned last year's Christmas present to the family was a cruise in 2010. I did it again this year. Lisa and I are going on the Norwegian Epic in January. It will be a great time for us to get away and recharge and allow us to have an 'Epic New Year'.

What about you? What kind of travel/vacations do you have planned next year? I know what you are thinking. "I don't have a couple of thousand dollars I can spend on a vacation right now." I completely understand, but how about putting a deposit down on your dream vacation and then making payments? I've had many clients do just that. For a cruise, normally the deposit is no more than $250 per person and some of the shorter cruises can be as little as $100 or $150. Then you can make payments up to 45-60 days prior to the cruise. Before the final payment date, there is no penalty if something happens and you have to cancel.

Don't want to do a cruise? Prefer a land-based all-inclusive? You can do the same thing with those. Most places do require that you pay the airfare up front, but I do know of one tour operator that has a $268/per deposit that includes the airfare. The one downside is that it is non-refundable due to the airfare portion being purchased, but you again can make payments you can afford and have the vacation of a lifetime.

Make sure you take time this year to travel somewhere. Even if it is 10 miles away to someplace in your hometown you haven't seen, do something in 2011. You will never regret it!

No comments:

Post a Comment