Thursday, January 27, 2011

Vacation Packing

I love to go on vacation....but I hate to pack. Tomorrow afternoon, we leave the cold and snow of Tennessee (sounds weird to say that, but this winter has been that way) and head to the sunshine of south Florida. Saturday morning, we head to the Port of Miami to board the Norwegian Epic.

This is a trip my wife and I have looked forward to for a long time, since before the Epic arrived on the scene last year. We can't wait to see the Blue Man Group again (for the 3rd time), the Cirque dinner show, and have a drink in the Ice Bar.

However....before we can leave, we have to pack. I always feel like I pack too much. But, I always think I have to have this or that item of clothing. I was reading about someone who was thinking of doing a week-long cruise with only a carry-on bag. I would love to try that sometime. As it is, I think we are looking at 4 suitcases (I let my daughter proofread this and she yelled at us for taking 4 suitcases. Lisa is defending it because she has to have 1 case for shoes, 1 case for water, and a hanging bag.) for this week-long trip for the 2 of us. One of them is probably going to be filled with water & Diet Coke because Lisa can't go for a week without her bottled water.

Well, I guess the suitcases aren't going to pack themselves. I must get them done tonight so we can be ready to head to the airport. I will try to do some blogging from the ship if I get a chance. If not, I will definitely have some stories from this trip. See everyone when we get back.

3 comments:

  1. I can totally relate to the packing or should I say over packing! I am going on a 4 day cruise and I am going to attempt to take one bag...we will see how that goes. I hope you enjoy your cruise. looking forward to your review.
    Tanja
    http://www.driftawaytrvl.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete
  2. how do you get the suitcase on the airplane without paying the extra weigh charges ?? I hope you enjoyed the EPIC as much as we did. I have some pictures from our epic trip here, I hope this link works : http://www.facebook.com/album.php?id=127834214672&aid=285526.. .. also please visit my travel blog for more epic info http:\\bob4sun.com\wordpress

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since we had 4 suitcases we were able to distribute the weight without any problems. We waited to buy the water till we got to Florida. We also flew Southwest which means no baggage fees. There is a topic for a new blog!

    ReplyDelete